History

Toxteth Reservoir - exterior C Clive Haynes

History

The Reservoir is Grade 2 Listed; it was built by the Corporation of Liverpool in 1855 to provide a reliable, safe water supply for its rapidly expanding port and population. It stands on a prominent hilltop at the civic and commercial heart of Toxteth.

 

Closed for water storage in 1997 it was acquired by Dingle 2000 under a 125 year lease.